Copyright information and links to information/videos
- Copyright laws protect ideas, and patents protect objects.
- You own the copyright to your idea/song/story/video as soon as it is put in tangible form.
- Make sure you date your creation, be able to prove when you created it.
- Register your creation witht he US Copyright Office if it is important to you, or if it will be seen and heard by a lot of people.
- You own your copyright until death. After you pass away, your estate owns your copyright for 70 more years. No one is allowed to make money from your creation without your consent.